Sharing end users and stakeholders across projects just got easier. We have just rolled out an intuitive global contacts manager on UserBit with a host of new features that you will love! Let's dive in.
To access list management go to Global on the top menu and open the Contacts tab.
Global contact list features
- A filterable and sortable list of all contacts
- Add and view a timeline of quick notes for a given contact
- View all associated projects for a contact
Adding contacts to the global list
There are two ways of adding contacts to the global list. You can either add a new contact directly to the list or send one of your project's stakeholder or user to the global list.
You can add new contacts by clicking on the 'New contact' button.
Save an existing stakeholder or user as a new global contact
Already have projects with users or stakeholders that you want to add to the global list? Click 'Save as global contact' on the dropdown menu.
Importing global contacts into a project
Importing multiple global contacts into a new or existing project is easy! Simply click on the 'Import from global contact' menu item from the 'Add' dropdown.
Link an existing user or stakeholder to an existing global contact
Already have the same stakeholder or user present in multiple projects? No problem, you can link them all to the same global contact.
Keep in mind that this will overwrite attributes like name, title, and color of the existing interview participants with that of the global contact
You can also unlink a participant from a global contact at any time.
A few things to note
- Deleting a global contact will unlink all project participants. They will not be deleted.
- Editing a global contact will reflect the changes in all linked participants.
- Editing a local participant will not have any effect on linked global contact.
- Global contact management is currently only available on Team and Agency plans.