With UserBit, UX professionals can take advantage of the 2-step verification to add an extra layer of security for their valuable research data.
Why is two-factor authentication a good idea?
Stealing passwords is easier than you think and very common. There are a variety of ways in which your credentials may get leaked to others. Seemingly innocuous everyday tasks like downloading software on your computer or clicking on links in the email can all expose your passwords to bad actors. Moreover, most people use the same password across multiple sites and if one of these sites is compromised, your credentials may be at risk.
2-Step verification allows you to keep your account secure even if an unauthorized actor gains access to your password.
How does it work?
On UserBit, all paid plans allow you to activate 2-factor authentication. To do so, simply navigate to your Account Page from the navbar menu:
1. On the account page, turn on the switch under two-factor authentication section:
2. You'll then be asked to enter your account password - making a change to the authentication process is a sensitive operation so UserBit requires you to log in again.
3. After you re-sign in, you'll be asked for a phone number where UserBit can send you a security code.
4. Once you receive the code, you'll be asked to enter it into the UserBit to verify that you do have access to this device.
5. After verifying the code, your phone will be enrolled in 2-factor authentication.
🎉 Congratulations! You've just made your data a lot more secure.
An extra layer of security
From this point on, every time you sign in, you'll be asked to enter the security code, sent via SMS to your phone. Signing into your UserBit account will require not just something you know (your password) but also something you have - your phone.
Ready to make your research data more secure? Try 2-factor authentication on UserBit today!